Movable Feast - Revisit


You know those moments when you eat something and instantly know it is going to become something you crave regularly? Well, I had one of those the other day when I stopped into Movable Feast for a late lunch (that I took home to eat).

I wasn’t sure what I was in the mood for but remembered having a little sample of the chicken salad in the past and enjoying it.  So I decided to get a half sandwich and some soup ($6).  Ok, normally I don’t order chicken salad. Seriously, like pretty much never.  But for some reason it sounded good and it was. What I like about this chicken salad is the sauce. It is made with yogurt and is very tangy and not gloppy if you know what I mean.  It isn’t over thick and gooey like mayo-based sauces can be.  There is also a ton of dill in it, and a bit of crunch from green onions and celery. The chunks of chicken were white meat, and were nice and tender. I just had it on simple wheat bread, which was nice and soft.  Seriously, this is how I feel about egg salad at Patachou. Simple, and comforting. A great thing when you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to make something yourself (because these are exactly the kind of things I would make myself).


I also enjoyed the soup.  It was lemon chicken and rice soup and I also have a weekness for soups with lots of rice.  It had a nice distinctive lemon flavor (there was actually a slice of lemon in my bowl). It needed a little salt though, but you got it when you crumbled in the saltines they sent along with.

I have a thing for tangy things, and when you want some simple, but well executed, clean food (and not ridiculous portions) for a very reasonable price, this is a great spot.  Super friendly couple that works there too.

My biggest problem with the place is deciding what I will order when I go in (although chicken salad is likely to become a regular). I know some of you frequent the place (I have seen it on twitter), so please tell me your favorite things here.

Movable Feast
5741 East 71st Street
Indy 46220
317/577-9901
www.movablefeast.name 




Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Road Trip- Orchids at Palm Court - Cincinnati

Dig In 2011

Aşçı Kıyafetleri