Bagger Dave's


I met my friend @wibiathe other day for lunch at Bagger Dave’s-- a mostly Midwestern chain of burger places that has recently come to Indy.  Honestly, I was kind of expecting more of a fast food kind of place, but this place is a sit down place with table service. It’s still fairly casual, but not so casual as a Five Guys, Punch, or 96th Street Steakburgers. More along the lines of Bru Burger.  (There is also a toy train that is constantly running around the entire interior of the place, which might be a good kid thing).

They have several of their own combo burgers, or they have a sheet on the table that you can design your own the way you want ($4.19 for small).  That’s what I did.  Some of the combos sound interesting, but they all are a little toppings heavy for me.  I got the small burger (which is one patty vs. two) (also, when did one patty become “small?”).  I had it with one of their custom sauces (the “Railhouse Burger Sauce”), cheddar cheese, grilled onions and pickles.  What can I say? The burger was fine. That’s it.  It was a little dry (overworked maybe).  The sauce was like Thousand Island dressing (which I have noticed is a favorite at burger joints these days—when did that start? Has that always been a thing?).  I like it, basically slightly spicy mayo and ketchup together.   You could also choose your bun (sesame, plain, honey wheat). I kept it simple and got plain.

We also split a single order of fries ($2.59) even though the server tried to convince us we needed a double.  It was a generous portion and plenty for both of us.  The fries seemed fresh cut and were pretty tasty. I could have stood them to be a little crispier.  They weren’t bad though. We got a couple dipping sauces to try (the ranch and the horseradish ranch). Eh, I think they were better with just ketchup to be honest.

Our server was very enthusiastic, and I think also very new to serving, and hadn’t quite gotten his groove yet. He came to the table just a little too much. 

Overall, it’s a burger, and not a bad one, but not a really good one either.  I can see how it may fill a niche on this side of town though—there were a lot of business people in there having lunch.  They also have a bar in the back with what appears to be a pretty decent beer selection.  They also do “craft soda” which is an interesting concept.  My soda (I just got a diet) wasn’t very fizzy.  But if you want somewhere along that Michigan Road corridor that is kind of an “upscale casual” restaurant, that serves beer, and has a very accessible menu, you might give them a try. If you want a kick ass burger, I would go elsewhere.

Speaking of, what is your absolute favorite burger in town?

Bagger Dave’s
8840 North Michigan Road
Indy  46268
317/870-3531

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Road Trip- Orchids at Palm Court - Cincinnati

Dig In 2011

Aşçı Kıyafetleri